Xfinity - Comcast has been stealing from me for 2 1/2 years!
I decided to become a Comcast (Xfinity) subscriber for their internet being that it is the fastest in the Fort Myers Florida area, though, it is also the most expensive. I ordered the "Triple Play," package back in June of 2012. I added on the HD Channel package, the second tier internet connection speed (100+Mbs down 50+Mbs up), an unpublished number, and a vanity number (239-800-0001)...
When the serviceman came to install our access hardware, I was at work. I told my wife that she needed to make sure that we get the right HD type box and the high speed modem. She called back several hours later and explained that the service person told her that their warehouse was all out of HD boxes and high speed modems, that he would install these and leave us the RCA jacks for the 1080p flat panel.He assured her that the HD channels would work just fine and that it didn't matter what modem you used, you still would get the speeds you are paying for.
When I got home I tested the service person's claims, which I knew sounded wrong, and found half of the channels were blacked out with no video and a hovering box in the middle of the screen stating that I needed to call for support. I tested the internet speeds, I had 18Mbps down and 4Mbps up speeds - equivalent to Verizon DSL which costs $50 less a month (internet only).
I searched for a branch office on Google and several local Comcast locations... All of which were boarded up!!!
I called several times. I got several stories, excuses, promises of repair, promises of bill reduction, promises of refund, etc... THEY FOLLOWED THROUGH WITH NONE OF IT!!!
Finally after a year I reported them to the BBB. The first time they gave me no response. The second report to the BBB They referred me to an alleged "area manager" (for Comcast SWFL) Tanya. I believe Tanya is an answering machine in a broom-closet. I left Tanya about thirty messages across a two month period and she NEVER called back. I reported them to the BBB again and Comcast claimed that "They did all they could to resolve the issue and I was uncooperative." They did ****ing NOTHING!
So here we are 28 months and almost $5040 later and still no HD channels, no high speed internet, no unpublished number or vanity number -- ALL OF WHICH I HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of service paid for
- Amount of money stolen
- Poor customer service
- Poor managerial response
- Apathy toward dishonest practice
- No options to cancel service
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Xfinity Internet
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Yelp.com has a Big, Filthy, Disgusting Habit of Using People to write Reviews For Free and Profiting from the Reviews. I can NOT believe that I am actually Writing A Negative..."
- "All they had to do is install a DISH dish, disconnect the Directv dish and connect the cable to the new dish. Instead they drilled holes, ran cables, cut cables,..."
- "I bought a new Nokia C3 and a month later wanted to switch to a different cell phone service provider. Consumer Cellular would not unlock my phone! They said it..."
- "I did the free trial and Instaflex started charging my credit card repeatedly. I returned the product and they still didn't refund my money. It was $75 a month. I..."
- "I own aDouble Leather LazyBoy recliner that is now peeling where the leather is wrinkled on the arm after only24 months,only used 1/2 of that time.On right arm where my..."
- "First of all, AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS! They mislead me on price, took forever, and DESTROYED multiple items. Namely, I HAD a nice solid wood TV stand that..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."
- "Ordered over $100 worth of items on 11/27. Emailed them 3 times now at various email addresses to no avail. Nothing comes back undeliverable so the emails are valid. I..."
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."