I decided to become a Comcast (Xfinity) subscriber for their internet being that it is the fastest in the Fort Myers Florida area, though, it is also the most expensive. I ordered the "Triple Play," package back in June of 2012. I added on the HD Channel package, the second tier internet connection speed (100+Mbs down 50+Mbs up), an unpublished number, and a vanity number (239-800-0001)...
When the serviceman came to install our access hardware, I was at work. I told my wife that she needed to make sure that we get the right HD type box and the high speed modem. She called back several hours later and explained that the service person told her that their warehouse was all out of HD boxes and high speed modems, that he would install these and leave us the RCA jacks for the 1080p flat panel.He assured her that the HD channels would work just fine and that it didn't matter what modem you used, you still would get the speeds you are paying for.
When I got home I tested the service person's claims, which I knew sounded wrong, and found half of the channels were blacked out with no video and a hovering box in the middle of the screen stating that I needed to call for support. I tested the internet speeds, I had 18Mbps down and 4Mbps up speeds - equivalent to Verizon DSL which costs $50 less a month (internet only).
I searched for a branch office on Google and several local Comcast locations... All of which were boarded up!!!
I called several times. I got several stories, excuses, promises of repair, promises of bill reduction, promises of refund, etc... THEY FOLLOWED THROUGH WITH NONE OF IT!!!
Finally after a year I reported them to the BBB. The first time they gave me no response. The second report to the BBB They referred me to an alleged "area manager" (for Comcast SWFL) Tanya. I believe Tanya is an answering machine in a broom-closet. I left Tanya about thirty messages across a two month period and she NEVER called back. I reported them to the BBB again and Comcast claimed that "They did all they could to resolve the issue and I was uncooperative." They did ****ing NOTHING!
So here we are 28 months and almost $5040 later and still no HD channels, no high speed internet, no unpublished number or vanity number -- ALL OF WHICH I HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of service paid for
- Amount of money stolen
- Poor customer service
- Poor managerial response
- Apathy toward dishonest practice
- No options to cancel service
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Xfinity Internet
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I cancelled my service early because the price for satellite service had gone up dramatically. I was always happy with the reception and service but the price became prohibitive. They..."
- "On Friday evening a DirecTV employee accessed my roof and trespassed illegally. There were a total of 6 signs that this technician ignored. Not only did he set off the..."
- "I was charged without notice, and went I went to sign in my email address was invalid, so I was charged for a service I can't even use.Spoke to customer..."
- "Days Inn at 13353 North Fort Myers … BED BUGS!!!!! I ended up at this particular hotel for two weeks because a friend of mine and his family had been..."
- "We purchased 2 recliner chairs in jan 2013 for our in-laws in Florida. They only spend a few months a year in FL, and the chairs are kept in climate..."
- "I spent over $2,400.00 dollars at American Freight in Fort Myers, FL on a living room set. Less that three years of use and the frame broke on our chaise..."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."
- "This is the work of Appliances done right! They said they provided a 90 day warranty, but they will not come out and fix the issues I'm having. ..."
- "We have two pieces of 30" Samsonite spinner luggage in the fall of 2010. This luggage has been fantastic. I could not tell you how many trips they have been..."