Xfinity - Comcast has been stealing from me for 2 1/2 years!

249 of 390 Xfinity reviews

I decided to become a Comcast (Xfinity) subscriber for their internet being that it is the fastest in the Fort Myers Florida area, though, it is also the most expensive. I ordered the "Triple Play," package back in June of 2012. I added on the HD Channel package, the second tier internet connection speed (100+Mbs down 50+Mbs up), an unpublished number, and a vanity number (239-800-0001)...

When the serviceman came to install our access hardware, I was at work. I told my wife that she needed to make sure that we get the right HD type box and the high speed modem. She called back several hours later and explained that the service person told her that their warehouse was all out of HD boxes and high speed modems, that he would install these and leave us the RCA jacks for the 1080p flat panel.He assured her that the HD channels would work just fine and that it didn't matter what modem you used, you still would get the speeds you are paying for.

When I got home I tested the service person's claims, which I knew sounded wrong, and found half of the channels were blacked out with no video and a hovering box in the middle of the screen stating that I needed to call for support. I tested the internet speeds, I had 18Mbps down and 4Mbps up speeds - equivalent to Verizon DSL which costs $50 less a month (internet only).

I searched for a branch office on Google and several local Comcast locations... All of which were boarded up!!!

I called several times. I got several stories, excuses, promises of repair, promises of bill reduction, promises of refund, etc... THEY FOLLOWED THROUGH WITH NONE OF IT!!!

Finally after a year I reported them to the BBB. The first time they gave me no response. The second report to the BBB They referred me to an alleged "area manager" (for Comcast SWFL) Tanya. I believe Tanya is an answering machine in a broom-closet. I left Tanya about thirty messages across a two month period and she NEVER called back. I reported them to the BBB again and Comcast claimed that "They did all they could to resolve the issue and I was uncooperative." They did ****ing NOTHING!

So here we are 28 months and almost $5040 later and still no HD channels, no high speed internet, no unpublished number or vanity number -- ALL OF WHICH I HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Coverage Area

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Lies
    • Lack of service paid for
    • Amount of money stolen
    • Scams
    • Poor customer service
    • Poor managerial response
    • Apathy toward dishonest practice
    • No options to cancel service

Reason of review:
Xfinity Internet
Review category
Telecommunications
review #550028 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Xfinity? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
249 of 390 Xfinity reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.