I've had consistent issues with my service and their customer service. First, I moved and followed everything Xfinity wanted me to do. Regardless, they were unable to sync up my new account (which they forced me to create) and my old account within my web login, which caused several billing issues including me receiving a letter from Xfinity collections because of their mistakes.
When I moved I set up my new plan with them on the phone, which included two cable boxes. They sent me only one box, but billed me for two. I called to explain the issue, the first rep argued with me and told me I actually received two boxes. I gave up and called back the next day, the rep on the phone told me they completely screwed up my account. He could see that it says two boxes were sent, but it also showed that only one box was sent. He resolved the issue over the course of 45 minutes and sent me a new box.
I get the new box, which was an older style box, presumably refurbished. 1 week later it stops working. I was so frustrated I didn't both calling for a few weeks, it wasn't urgent.
Just now I'm using live help on the site to replace my box and upgrade my internet speed. You'll see there are many headlines from a few months ago saying Xfinity has doubled their speeds for some tiers. I told the rep I wanted to upgrade from the lowest tier to the middle tier (Blaster). Blaster was in all of the articles about being bumped from 50mbps to 105mbps. I asked to confirm I would receive the new higher speed when bumping my plan to Blaster. The rep insisted the speed would be 50mbps. I simply asked a few times why and sent over Comcast's press release from months ago. After 15 minutes of frustrating back and forth, including the rep telling me to buy the even higher service to get the speeds I was referencing, the rep finally admitted the speed bump isn't available in my geo. I live in Philadelphia, literally 4 blocks away from Comcast HQ. Whatever.
I'm currently still talking to the rep to have a tech come out to verify my box is broken and give me a new one. She is telling me I need to go to a service center to swap out the box. I've stated I don't want to do that, it's a waste of time, I'd be happy to pay to have a tech come out so we can confirm everything works when he leaves and I don't have to waste so much time. Of course this is an issue... here goes another 30 minutes.
This company really sucks. It's so frustrating that there is no viable alternative and they really don't care about customers at all. This company makes my blood boil.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Customer Service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I decided to sell my old Iphone 4S and came upon the CashforIphone web site. After submitting information about my phone, model, RAM size, condition, etc. the site came..."
- "Let start by saying I usually don't take the time to do this kind of thing...but if I can prevent even 1 person from entering into a "contract" with this..."
- "To Frontier Communications, As a internet service provider across the United States of America, you lay claim to the largest rural provider of Internet, and Telecommunications. While you are quite content..."
- "I purchased a Masonite door from Home Depot and installed it in my home. It is a 3-panel metal door with a ¾ oval leaded glass. It is..."
- "Ordered a coffee mug and it arrived broken. I emailed the company twice with a picture of the broken mug & received an email saying someone will get back to..."
- "Direct Express mistakenly gave me a $190 credit. They debited me twice within 30 seconds for $190. I called and reported the problem. The first person said..."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."
- "I have experienced roaches in the lockers at La Fitness at 1833 La Cienga Los Angeles Ca 90035. Each time I have informed the management staff that was on duty. Yesterday Oct..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."