Coverage Area
Style and Design

Worth reading....

I was going on my honeymoon to the Dominican Republic and we were leaving behind my 11 year old stepson. My wife, understandably, wanted to be able to communicate with him. I researched the phone situation down there and my best option was a national carrier with roaming capabilities.

the day before we left I went to this store. I should have known it was not going to end well when the sales rep needed two hours to activate the phone. The second one because she could not get the first one to work. That same rep that I spent two hours with clearly understood why I was signing up and assured me that the phone would just work as soon as we got off the plane.

It did for four days and then it just did not see any cell towers. I found a WiFi spot which was not easy. We had to remain within a 30 foot area at the resort. the timeshare sales area. It took them 30 hours to respond and their advice was to turn it on and off. My stepson is now severely stressed and my new bride is crying on her honeymoon.

We try again the next day. I tell them to turn the international roaming back on. The rep agrees but since they have disabled the phone it never gets their signal.

The disabled phone magically starts working as soon as we hit an American cell tower.

Four hours on the phone with customer service...

Their story is that their fraud division disabled the phone because it was roaming internationally but only after the “crooks” got four days of use. If it was disabled how did it start working as soon as it hit the states. Maybe crooks don’t travel? Is it okay to steal and use a phone if your are in the continental US?

They said they did not know that I intended to use it overseas. Two hours talking to their rep about taking it to the Dominican Republic? Maybe she thought I was going to the DR in Alabama? That is a foreign country right?

So I miss the last sunset in the Dominican Republic and my wife is crying on her honeymoon. My son is freaking out because he can’t speak to his mom. Xfinty is willing to waive the 63 dollars in international roaming fees?

So I return the phone at the store as instructed. I’m not allowed to because. The store doesn’t accept returns and I had already returned a phone on this account. Remember the broken phone that I never actually held in my hand? Oh did I mention that I had 14 days to return. I bought the phone on July 7 and returned it on July 17 but that was outside the fourteen day window. Math is hard?

I am now waiting on their inspection of the phone so that I can receive my refund and be done with this *** company.

They just don’t get it

Review about: Xfinity Mobile Phone Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Price untrustworthy, Not receiving callbacks.

Comments