Xfinity - "New Trial 300GB DATA option"

Comcast/Xfinity just sent me a letter advising me that starting next month they are limiting my internet data to 300GB, because "most costumer don't surpass 300GB/Month.They told me not to worry if I go over the now limited service, which used to be unlimited, they will "just" charge $10 per increments of 50GB, and I also have the option of adding "unlimited" service, like the one I had in my original contract and the one that we have come to expect from home internet service, it would only be an additional $30.

I checked my history and I'm averaging 450GB/Month. This is absolute ***, but I don't see anyone getting upset over it, like we just have to sit and take it. I called and complained a couple of times and wrote them a couple of letters.

So far no answer.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Switched my original service to a way more limited service.
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Xfinity Internet
Review category
review #720795

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Xfinity? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 21, 2015 #1051750

No offense but no individual uses 300GB of data. I'm a power user. I download stuff all the time, connected 24/7, streaming movies and music like nobody's business. At the end of the month I am barely over 8GB.
I think you're a total *** for buying it and you deserved it in the end.

0 1 Reply

Nov 24, 2015 #1069182

One Blu Ray movie is 9-11 GB..... power user

Jan 18 #1096806

My son uses over 10gb on his phone a month we would go way over 300

Oct 21, 2015 #1051556

Everyone needs to ditch Comcast. Comcast and Verizon. They are the two worst limited-data high-fee chargers I know of. Didn't know how else to word that without getting banned.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.