Xfinity blocking access to TV websites, demanding you subscribe to THEIR tv service
I haven't owned a TV since 2005. Got tired of endless commercials. I have xfinity internet service at my apartment since July 2013, and the service is dismal. They messed up my account, and had to start a new one when one of their techs turned off my internet accidentally out of shear ignorance. Then it took them another 5 months to get their billing straightened out. Its been one problem after another. The latest is mind boggling.
Recently a friend told me about a TV show they though I would be interested in on TNT called "the last ship". I reminded them that they I don't have a TV, and they said I could watch it on the internet. So I went to the website, www dot tntdrama dot com slash the last ship (or something like that) and clicked on the first episode.
I watched the show which was interrupted by 4, commercial blocks that had 10 of them in a row each time. My ad blockers and spam blockers would not block them.
Fine. I got to watch the first show; but when I clicked on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th shows, (the only ones they had on the website), I got a pop up window telling me to log into my tv service provider. I don't have Xfinity TV. I don't own a TV..
Come to find out, Xfinity wants me to subscribe to their web based tv service to watch a tv show on an internet website, thus increasing my monthly bill. This just to watch 4, 1 hour shows.
Now mind you, I watch more than 6 hours of you tube every week, plus various streaming video from local and national news sites without being asked to subscribe to a tv service thru Xfinity, so why do they want me to do so for TNT?
This is just pure greed, plain and simple. And I believe a breach of contract. if its on a website and I have my bill paid, I should be able to go to any site and watch what is there, except for those the government has blocked.
I paid for Internet access to ALL sites, not just the ones Xfinity approves of.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Internet Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "To Frontier Communications, As a internet service provider across the United States of America, you lay claim to the largest rural provider of Internet, and Telecommunications. While you are quite content..."
- "After leaving Centurylink due to our old 3mbps + phone that cost ~$100 we changed to Suddenlink for their 15/1 for ~$50. There is no doubt the speed is..."
- "Directv account number:76802935Within the past 7 months I have encountered a repetitive problem with Directv's install that has caused damage to my Yamaha A.V.R. and Mitsubishi TV. The first time..."
- "Dear friends I am Damber. I have bought three beds from one of the vcf store. I bought the king size headboard foot-board and the mattress(complete bed). When I had the..."
- "on 1/4/2013 i went to store #05926 to get a few things and check out christmas discounts. everything was 75% off. i got 4 pks of 4 christmas clothes boxes...."
- "Empire did my house and it's turn into a night mare and thousands of dollars lost . 616 915 2975..."
- "I purchased this "sport" windscreen from an Ebay seller from Italy for an XDiavel. BEWARE!!! The bolts that came with it are MUCH too short, and are black steel..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."
- "Airbnb is in the middle of a security crisis they have been "hacked" from. Airbnb's "Trust and Safety Team", is swamped with listings that have been high-jacked. I am host..."