Xfinity blocking access to TV websites, demanding you subscribe to THEIR tv service
I haven't owned a TV since 2005. Got tired of endless commercials. I have xfinity internet service at my apartment since July 2013, and the service is dismal. They messed up my account, and had to start a new one when one of their techs turned off my internet accidentally out of shear ignorance. Then it took them another 5 months to get their billing straightened out. Its been one problem after another. The latest is mind boggling.
Recently a friend told me about a TV show they though I would be interested in on TNT called "the last ship". I reminded them that they I don't have a TV, and they said I could watch it on the internet. So I went to the website, www dot tntdrama dot com slash the last ship (or something like that) and clicked on the first episode.
I watched the show which was interrupted by 4, commercial blocks that had 10 of them in a row each time. My ad blockers and spam blockers would not block them.
Fine. I got to watch the first show; but when I clicked on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th shows, (the only ones they had on the website), I got a pop up window telling me to log into my tv service provider. I don't have Xfinity TV. I don't own a TV..
Come to find out, Xfinity wants me to subscribe to their web based tv service to watch a tv show on an internet website, thus increasing my monthly bill. This just to watch 4, 1 hour shows.
Now mind you, I watch more than 6 hours of you tube every week, plus various streaming video from local and national news sites without being asked to subscribe to a tv service thru Xfinity, so why do they want me to do so for TNT?
This is just pure greed, plain and simple. And I believe a breach of contract. if its on a website and I have my bill paid, I should be able to go to any site and watch what is there, except for those the government has blocked.
I paid for Internet access to ALL sites, not just the ones Xfinity approves of.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Internet Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " Shanda Lancaster Spokesperson For SingsnapSpreading libel in the name of Singsnap/Singsnap's personal advocateShanda Lancaster has become the spokesperson for the web site singsnap.com, an online karaoke web site where..."
- "I agree 100% HGTV is for the rich does not represent the average or the poor of the USA. I'm 90 years old have written called begged HGTV to help..."
- "I don’t know from where to begin, but briefly I advise all users not to deal with Xfinity - Comcast Internet provider if you wish to safe your time, nerves,..."
- "Jeld Wen did not reply to several emails requesting assistance in locating replacement parts for their bifold doors. Multiple Emails were sent to Customer Service via the company website submission..."
- "Ordered and paid, nothing shipped, no tracking, but took my money SCAM!!!!!!..."
- "Over the last three months my head has been left spinning trying to first inquire, then complain and finally to "educate" the people who answer the phone at Express Scripts...."
- "I purchased the thermal Whelp system on November 25, 2014. I plugged it up and put the bulb in the bulb heated and exploded had fire dripping from it and..."
- "Hi have had Nationwide for over 10 years, never a claim, wife had accident on may 24th of 2010, 1 day medical bills at hospital total $13,000, all billers were..."
- "Ordered beautiful Zen arrangement. What was received had no resemblance with ordered item at all. Complained to Teleflora - was offered 30% refund. Didn't want to settle - requested full..."