Xfinity blocking access to TV websites, demanding you subscribe to THEIR tv service
I haven't owned a TV since 2005. Got tired of endless commercials. I have xfinity internet service at my apartment since July 2013, and the service is dismal. They messed up my account, and had to start a new one when one of their techs turned off my internet accidentally out of shear ignorance. Then it took them another 5 months to get their billing straightened out. Its been one problem after another. The latest is mind boggling.
Recently a friend told me about a TV show they though I would be interested in on TNT called "the last ship". I reminded them that they I don't have a TV, and they said I could watch it on the internet. So I went to the website, www dot tntdrama dot com slash the last ship (or something like that) and clicked on the first episode.
I watched the show which was interrupted by 4, commercial blocks that had 10 of them in a row each time. My ad blockers and spam blockers would not block them.
Fine. I got to watch the first show; but when I clicked on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th shows, (the only ones they had on the website), I got a pop up window telling me to log into my tv service provider. I don't have Xfinity TV. I don't own a TV..
Come to find out, Xfinity wants me to subscribe to their web based tv service to watch a tv show on an internet website, thus increasing my monthly bill. This just to watch 4, 1 hour shows.
Now mind you, I watch more than 6 hours of you tube every week, plus various streaming video from local and national news sites without being asked to subscribe to a tv service thru Xfinity, so why do they want me to do so for TNT?
This is just pure greed, plain and simple. And I believe a breach of contract. if its on a website and I have my bill paid, I should be able to go to any site and watch what is there, except for those the government has blocked.
I paid for Internet access to ALL sites, not just the ones Xfinity approves of.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Internet Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "They failed to provide the fact that it is strictly a middle man company, and that after purchasing your local number you still have to pay for an account directly..."
- "I had ordered iPhone replacement parts from Quality Repair Parts in 3403 Oakland Park, FL on May 26th 2015. After reviewing the company website I was lead to believe that..."
- "No Wonder They Got So Many Bad Reviews! Many Members Are Scared To Come Out And Tell The Truth! I Have Hidden The Truth Long Enough! Now It Is Time To Spill The..."
- "I have a Kenmore water heater from Sears with a 12 year warranty. The warranty states, "Sears will 1) provide free water heater parts for those that are defective in..."
- "I purchased the thermal Whelp system on November 25, 2014. I plugged it up and put the bulb in the bulb heated and exploded had fire dripping from it and..."
- "I bought 3 of these because they seemed like a great idea. I wanted to give one to my son and one to a friend and also keep one for..."
- "I am very, very, very dissatisfied with Telmex. It does need a very long time before I'm getting upset. It's my personality as well I spend several years as a..."
- "I ordered a dress Nov. 15 , they said it would be shipped in 4-7 days. They took the payment, I paid with my debit card. And to this day..."
- "I got a Tee Shirt instead of a Hoodie I ordered and I haven't gotten anything back from then other than canned responses. The hoodie was a XL Men's hoodie...."